- Helps control blood sugar (glucose) levels.
- Builds endurance – helps you go the extra mile.
- Promotes and maintains heart health.
- Helps improve bone density – makes for stronger bones.
- Resistance exercise increases lean body mass and muscle density.
- Improves overall flexibility.
- Increases metabolic rate during and after exercise increasing the body’s use of more kilojoules.
- Increases fat burning capabilities and an important predictor of weight maintenance.
- Delivers higher levels of oxygen in the blood, increasing energy levels and decreasing fatigue throughout the day.
- Promotes sound sleep at night.
- Boosts self-esteem.
- Boosts self-confidence.
Choice of Exercise
A critical key to a successful exercise programme is to choose something you enjoy!. Whether you walk, run, swim, surf, hike, or bike, choose activities that you look forward to doing.
Source: GNLD Lifestyle Magazine; Photo: Dan Machold